April 10, 2015

2:51:00 PM

Parker's Birth Story

At 39 weeks I went in for my last OB appointment and the doctor was a little worried because I was consistently measuring small, through her measurements.  We went for a sonogram to make sure we were not leaking any fluid. Everything looked good with the baby but we were measuring about two weeks small.  This caused me to be a little nervous that my body would not be ready if I had to be induced. Our induce date was set for April 10. 
Well little miss was not ready to come so the day came to be induced. Above is the last picture taken of me before heading to the hospital. 
We arrived at the hospital at 6:00am. After changing and being checked in the nurse came in to set my port/IV.  Needless to say this may have been the most painful thing all day. I was stuck three times before they finally got a vein. (10 days later I still have bruises that do not feel good when you touch them.). Drew said you are going to need to toughen up.  This is going to be a long day if you think this hurts. 
As soon as the port was in the pitocin was started. Before I came to the hospital I was dilated at a 2 and 50% effaced. The doctor came in around 9:00 to break my water. I was a little nervous because I did not have an epidural yet. Did not hurt... 
10:30 we got our epidural and both of our moms had arrived. Our nurse Juanita was amazing and very wise.  I wanted to wait on the pain meds but she insisted it would be a while before I would get it if I didn't do it now.  Thank goodness we got it because as soon as we did we progressed really fast.  Before I knew it we were at a 6 and 100% effaced. The nurse said let me know if you start feeling pressure.  
Drew and our moms ate lunch just in case she was coming soon.  
12:30 I told the nurse I was feeling very "heavy."  She came in and said the doctor would be by soon to check me. By the time the doctor was in she said oh this baby is ready. She said you definitely will not be pushing for three hours! (I pushed for a long time with my first one.) I looked at her and said don't you lie to me!  Everyone started to get the delivery room ready. Which was a little weird because with my first no one got anything ready until I had been pushing for two hours. I remember looking at the clock and it was 1:00.  I started pushing and Drew said Oh my gosh I can see the head! I was so shocked it was so close.  Everyone was encouraging me to keep pushing and she was out.  I looked at the clock and it was 1:05!!!! I was so in shock. It was a bit of an emotional overload for me. After they cleaned her off she was placed on my chest.  Again I was a little confused and in shock so Drew ended up taking her.  
On April 10, 2015 Parker Anne Schieber was born at 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 3/4 in long at 1:05pm.  She is perfect.

You Might Also Like

0 comments