NiNe Months

10:00:00 PM

Nine months old and Porter has been to Branson, St.Louis, and Disney World. Call him a world traveler. Definitely a little traveler around the house.  He is always on the go and we try to keep up.


Oh ya and experienced my first Chiefs event.  Met him some cheerleaders and KC Wolf!

EATING: Porter still has the same schedule for breast milk to eat at 6, 9, 12, 3, 6, and 8.  He was eating baby food at 9am, 12pm, and 6pm but at the 9 month check up we had the go ahead to feed him regular food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Once he had the good stuff he did not want to go back.  He refused the baby food.  We feed him whatever we are eating and try to make sure we have fruits and vegetables included.  I did not realize how unhealthy we are until this moment!
Above he had lasagna with Uncle.  I'm going to say he likes lasagna.  

Pumping: Ever since Tuesday morning I have tried to forget what happened but I want to write about it because I am sure I will laugh one day.......hopefully... I had it set in my mind I would save as much milk as possible and pump as much as I could until 9 months and then I would cut back to use the frozen I stored.  This was a great idea and it worked really well.  I started to wean myself off of pumping four times at school because we were going to the zoo on a field trip and I did not want to pump there.  Anyways, I went out to the garage to get some frozen milk out of the deep freeze to take to Ambers and everything had melted! This was the worst feeling! My stomach dropped and I was so upset I could not believe it.  I didn't even cry.  I did cry later that day when I was thinking about my baby drinking formula and when I was pumping. (Not judging anyone who uses formula because obviously we use now.  Just sad that I lost so much milk.) Drew thinks that it was the breaker because the deep freeze is working just fine now.  I am not sure what to do now because I have already started weaning off, but I am going to try to get as much as I can.  I do think we will have to supplement at least one formula bottle a day though.  Future notes: don't worry about stocking up or make sure the deep freeze is on!


You Might Also Like

0 comments