Christmas 2013

2:05:00 PM

This was Porters 2nd Christmas. We started the season off with 25 days of Christmas everyday of December Porter got to open a present.  Throughout the summer I found puzzles and books to wrap and put under the tree.

Porter loves books so this was a hit! Definitely a tradition we will continue.

Second we introduce a Christmas guest that works for Santa and helps him to know who should be on the naughty and nice list.  The weekend after Thanksgiving Porter got to meet this guest that he named "Elfie." 
Elfie was not good at hiding. Hopefully next year he will get a little more creative.
Santa did a good job placing presents under the tree.
Porter was so excited to see all of the presents! I think truly it was a bit overwhelming for him. Especially after going to my parents and Drew's. A one year old only has so much excitement in them for one day.
Ashlee and Brandon got engaged on Christmas Eve. The whole family was there to see it, which was really sweet because he knew how important it was to Ashlee that we were present. Here is a picture. He proposed under the Mayors Christmas tree at Crown Center.
I have debated whether to post about this, but I think it is important for people to talk about these things.  We announced on Christmas that we were pregnant. Porter wore his big brother shirt I had made him.
We were only five weeks along, but we wanted to be able to announce it while everyone was together. With everyone living in different places this is one of the few times a year we are all together. We thought what another exciting year and August we had coming.  Well, last week we miscarried... My brother and sister in law have struggled with this same thing many times before so it is something I am familiar with. The emotional pain is something that you cannot describe to someone else unless you experience it yourself.  When people say to you "this is not uncommon" it does not matter. What matters is you had a child one you prayed for, loved, planned for, and wanted that was taken from you. I know there is a reason for everything and I am thankful for what God has blessed me with.  This is what has gotten me through the past week. So thankful for a loving God and family. Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive